Sent Mail History
View all sent emails
This module allows You to view all emails sent by Magento in one grid. You can easily check which emails have been sent, who was the receiver, when the e-mail has been sent and if there were any errors while sending.
After module installation You can find grid with sent emails in menu under System -> Alekseon Tools -> Sent Mail History
Need more details ?
You can open any sent e-mail to see more details and content of the sent message.
This module can be very helpful if You need to investigate any issues found in Your e-mails. You can easily check which action sent the email and which templates have been used to generate content. It also displays error messages when system fails to send a message.
For security reasons, you can select which emails contain confidential data in the configuration. The content of these emails will not be saved in history.
Auto removing old emails from history
E-mails older than 30 days (amount of days is configurable), are removed from history by a cron action.
Make sure that your cronjob is setup in Your system.
Mail Transport Configuration
Module allows you to choose an outgoing mail server (Mail Transport Type).
You can select one of the options below:
- PHP - PHP internal mail(): Use native magento to send emails, by PHP internal mail() function.
- SMTP - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol: Use SMTP protocol, You can set configuration to use external e-mail services such as google Gmail, Yahoo or any other.
- File - Saves e-mail message to a file: Instead of sending e-emails, You can save e-mails content in files. It can be used for tests on local machines. Make sure that you don't use this option on a live environment.
Is it safe to keep saved content of e-mails ?
You can select in configuration which e-mails contains sesitive data, module will not save content of this e-mails. By default we selected below emails as sensitive:
- Change Email
- Change Email and Password
- Forgot Admin Password
- Forgot Password
- Remind Password
- Reset Password
How to configure SMTP server for Gmail ?
System->Configuration->Sent Mail History->Mail Transport:
- Mail Transport Type: SMTP
- Host: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465
- Encryption Protocol: SSL
- Authentification Mode: Login
- User: Your Gmail account address email
- Password: Password to Your Gmail account or App password
You can read more here: https://support.google.com/accounts/topic/7189195
If You are using 2-Step-Verification in Your Gmail account, then You will have to generate an App password.
You can find more about App passwords here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833
If You are NOT using 2-Step-Verification, You can receive information from google that Your login attempt has been blocked. In this case You can allow access for less Secure Apps to Your account here: https://myaccount.google.com/u/1/lesssecureapps